Friday, December 10, 2010

Every day is better

A week ago I would not have believed I would feel as good as I do this morning.  I woke up this morning laying on my stomach.  I usually sleep that way, but haven't since the surgery.  This must mean I am getting better since I got in this position in my sleep.  I am still in pain from the incisions, but feeling more like myself every day.  I am trying to take it easy, but still move around since sitting still causes me to stiffen up and make it twice as painful when I do try to move.

I think I overdid it yesterday.  Joe had to go to his doctor's appointment.  Our friend, Carole, drove him there.  My friend, Debbie, came over so I wasn't alone the whole time.  I knew Pastor Justin and his wife, Cherie, were coming over to visit in the afternoon, so Debbie sort of straightened up some.  There wasn't that much to do since the house was pretty good to start with.  I sat there saying, "throw out", "recycle", "put that over there."  It was a great help.  But I ended up sitting up for hours longer than I was used to and by the evening I was really hurting.  Nothing much going on today, so I'm going to take it easier.  Up and down is good.  Up and not resting is bad.

Joe made me a pureed scrambled egg for breakfast.  It tasted so good.  Joe makes wonderful scrambled eggs to begin with.  The best I've ever had.  But having real food and not baby cereal, it tasted even better.  All I want for Christmas is to be able to eat.

I want to try to cook dinner tonight.  I tried last night, but it didn't work.  I was too tired to do it.  So I am going to try again tonight.  But if I can't, it will just have to wait for another day.  I love to cook.  I miss it.  I just want to start feeling like a real person again.  Does everyone recovering from major surgery feel this way?

The commentators on the news are talking about their favorite Christmas movies.  They mentioned "Elf", "Polar Express", "White Christmas", "Miracle on 34th Street", "It's a Wonderful Life", "The Christmas Story".  There are so many good movies, I couldn't possibly choose my favorite.  I have a lot of them on DVD so I think while I have the time I am going to start looking at some of them.

Our car is back in the garage today, but not the transmission shop.  We canceled that and decided to go the route of changing the transmission fluid (which is really dirty and oxidized) and filter.  Hopefully that will solve the problem.  It had not repeated the problem of stalling and slowing since that one night.  Better to spend $100 for that first rather than $1,000 for a rebuilt transmission.  Especially in a 1998 car.

Time for me to take my shower and start my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.