Sunday, December 12, 2010

Another Sunday

This is the second Sunday I haven't gotten to church.  I miss going, but just cannot sit up that long.  I try to do things and be "normal" but I am so tired and not there yet.  I don't think people understand this.  Because I had laproscopic surgery all people see are tiny little cuts and think it's nothing.  It was major surgery with my organs being moved around, my diaphram being repaired, and it hurts a lot.  I am still not sleeping through the night because the pain wakes me up.  But I can't seem to make others understand this.

I have a severe allergy to adhesives.  The steri-strips that were put over my stitches are still sticking fast and now are actually burning the skin right off of me.  I think a lot of the pain comes from that.  I was told to not take them off, to let them fall off themselves.  However, I am going to try to call the doctor's office tomorrow and ask if I can take some of them off (from the worst spots) to help me.  Let's see what she says.

Enough of my complaining.  I have lots to thank God for.  I know I am some better.  I know this will not last forever.  It has been 2 weeks tomorrow and I have been able to keep all my food down and even eat more than I could before the surgery.  In fact I felt well enough to make a meatloaf and a turnip/potato mash for Joe for dinner.  I was going to do another vegetable too, but ran out of energy.  I couldn't eat it, but he said it was wonderful.

We watched more of the Christmas DVD this afternoon.  We saw "The Honeymooners" and "The Andy Griffith Show".  Andy was a very old one with Don Knotts and I had never seen it before.  The next one on the DVD is "The Brady Bunch."

I was able to go to Rite Aid this afternoon for about 15 minutes.  I got 2 of the last 3 gifts I have to buy and some cards.  I also got a huge gift bag for Joe's huge Christmas gift which I can't say what it is because he reads this.  You all will know what it is when he does.  LOL!  I also got the last 2 little polar bear figurines they had.  They were $3 each and so cute.  I put them by the TV.  Here are pictures of them.  I have loved polar bears since I was a year old and my parents took me to the zoo.  It was all I talked about for weeks.  I called them the "big white bears."  : )




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.