Monday, November 1, 2010

Walnut Street Theater visits the library

We had a special program for the kids at the library today.  The Walnut Street Theater sent a group of 4 actors to put on a play for us.  It was "The Boy Who Cried Bully" and was based on the Aesop fable about the boy who cried wolf.  But the main theme was all about bullying and being bullied in school and what to do if it happened to you.  It was funny, musical, informative and the kids went wild for it.  We had about 100 kids and 15 adults attending.

The Walnut Street Theater is the oldest theater in the U.S. and the oldest continuously used theater in the English speaking world.  Quite a reputation.  Philly has such great places like this.  Living here I get used to them being there and totally under use the resources this city has.

I had a chance to talk with 2 of the actors after the play.  They are such nice, intelligent and personable young people.  It was such a pleasure to meet them.

Well, on to the internet problem.  I was able to get online about 1:45 this morning.  I figured out that if I don't turn it off when I finish, it stays on and I am able to get online again the next time I want to use it.  Not a perfect solution, but since money is VERY tight right now, it is going to have to do until we get back on our feet.

Since I have no sick or vacation time left, I will not be paid for the time I am out sick.  (12-16 weeks)  However, the bills will still be coming.  We are trying to make Joe's Social Security Disability check stretch to cover everything.  Fortunately, I have saved enough money to cover the mortgage payments.  But all the rest will be up to him.  I know the Lord will see us through and I am not worried about it.  But if we can wait to get the wireless internet, it will be one less bill and another $150 in our pocket for right now.

Well, on to dinner.  I am making talapia fish sticks with dipping sauce and fried sweet potatoes.  I hope I can eat at least some of it without getting sick.  I just have to take it easy.

Till later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.