Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sunday -- Psalm 66

We are continuing on with our study in the Psalms.  Today it was Psalm 66. 

Three verses really stood out for me.  I am using the New Living Translation.

v.12 -- You sent troops to ride across our broken bodies.  We went through fire and flood.  But you brought us to a place of great abundance.

Boy does that sound like me right now.  My body is very broken.  I feel as if I am going through fire and flood.  But the outcome is God is going to bring me to a place of great abundance!

v. 19-20 -- But God did listen!  He paid attention to my prayer.  Praise God who did not ignore my prayer and did not withdraw His unfailing love from me.

Even when it feels to me that my prayers are bouncing off of the ceiling and going nowhere, God is listening.  He is paying attention to my prayer.  He is not ignoring me and will NEVER take His love from me.

Praise God!

22 days to surgery

2 comments:

  1. Kathy,
    Amen! It is so awesome when God speaks to you through his word.It is as if he takes a highlighter to the words then speaks them directly to your heart.
    Praise the Lord!
    sarabisden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, You are absolutely right. These weren't even the verses that Pastor Wayne was speaking on, but they jumped off of the page at me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.