Thursday, November 25, 2010

Last day at Richmond Library -- for a couple of months that is

What a busy day I had yesterday.  I was trying to get everything done and cleaned up before I took off for a couple of months.  I ended up doing almost everything, so that was good.  Everyone was hugging and kissing me as I left and wishing me well.  I work with a great bunch of people.  Now if we could just do something about the public....  

On Monday we had gone food shopping and finally got our 300 points to get our free turkey or ham.  So while I was making dinner last night, Joe ran to the store and got us a free ham.  Of course I can't eat it right now, so we will save it for when I can.  It was a little over what was free, so he had to pay $1 for it.  I think I can live with that.  He took a bunch of change he found laying around the house and actually paid for it and the few other things he got with the change.

I tried to clean up last night, but was so tired from shelving, shifting books, running around, that I fell asleep.  Guess I needed that more.  I got some cookies baked, but still have to do the pies.

We are debating about whether to go to my sister, Elaine's, house for dinner.  We always do, but the weather is iffy and I don't want to drive 100 miles in rain and sleet.  We have to decide soon.

Well yesterday was 5 days to surgery and 1 day to Thanksgiving.  I will post again later today.

3 comments:

  1. Alan and I are sitting here trying to guess where your sister lives. Hershey, PA? New York? Lancaster?

    If she lives in Lancaster, come by here.

    It was sleeting here this morning but now is all rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, BTW, HAVE A HAPPY THANKSGIVING~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cherdecor, she lives in Landing, NJ. It is in Morris County about 1 hour from NYC. She is on Lake Hopatcong and if there is bad weather to be found, she gets it. It was snowing here most of the morning, so I didn't go up there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.