Saturday, November 6, 2010

A Day at the Farm

I woke up ambitious today and made some peach muffins for breakfast. OK, it was a mix, but hey, I made them. They were good too. The smell made Joe get up and he loved them.

After breakfast we got ourselves together and went to the farm to get our co-op share. This is the next to last share for the summer season. We are signed up and paid for the winter share, not knowing that I would be sick. We know from last time that most of the winter share is root vegetables (potatoes, onions, carrots, beets, etc.) and apples, so I think I will be able to eat most of it even if I am on a soft diet. Just boil and mash. Ha, ha.
Here is a picture of the share we got today. We certainly get our money's worth.




This week it was celery, brussel sprouts, potatoes, apples, lettuce, acorn squash, chives, parsnips, tomatoes, zucchini, mushrooms, eggs, cheese, green beans and spinach. It is expensive to put out several hundred dollars at one time for the share, but it averages out to approximately $30/week and everything is organic.

I made vegetable soup tonight. Told you I was ambitious today. This was after I took a nap this afternoon though. It was all root vegetables that we had gotten in previous weeks at the farm and I wanted to use up before they went bad. It turned out so good. We had 6 servings worth left over, so I froze 4 servings for when I am recovering and we will have the rest for lunch tomorrow. I love to cook. I hope my recovery is short so that I can get back to it quickly.

Oh, by the way. Joe buys me flowers every Saturday. Here is today's bouquet.



23 days to surgery

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.