Saturday, November 13, 2010

A Busy Day

I did a lot of running around today.  The first thing I did was go to see my doctor to get an OK for the surgery.  He did OK me, but only after giving me a flu shot.  I haven't had a flu shot in years.  The last one I got made me really sick.  I have to get all my reports and the results of my blood work to him next week.

Joe did not feel well enough to go to the farm with me to pick up our last share of the summer season, so I got my friend, Debbie, to go with me.  She came back to the house and put everything away before I got a chance to get a picture of it.  But we got brussels spouts, spaghetti squash, eggs, pepper jack cheese, apples, garlic, kale, lettuce, and beets.  They also gave us $5 in Greensgrow bucks which we could use in the farmers' market to buy anything we wanted.  The last thing was a bottle of beer.  I told the guy giving it out that I did not drink and had religious beliefs about even having it in the house, so he gave me another $5 in Greensgrow bucks instead.  With my $10 I got shallots, sweet potatoes, eggplant and zucchini.

On the way home from the farm we stopped at the dry cleaners and I dropped off Joe's clothes.  I'm such a good wife to him.  (LOL!)

Our third stop was the pharmacy.  The doctor gave me a prescription for something to stop my stomach's spasms and help me not get sick.  I got the drug and also some Olde Philadelphia soda (cream and root beer).  This is the best soda around.  It is old fashioned and tastes like the soda I had as a kid.  It even comes in glass bottles.

When we got home Debbie stayed and Joe got up and we attacked the kitchen.  The cabinet under the sink was completely emptied.  We threw out a lot of things, put others in boxes and rearranged everything.  I washed the back door windows, a set of shelves, and Deb and I cleared off the table and scrubbed it down.  There is still a lot to do, but it looks a lot better.

I got my medical leave form from the hospital today.  Now they are giving me only 4 weeks to recover and return to work.  This is insane.  I won't even be able to eat solid food in 4 weeks and I'm not supposed to lift anything, so how can I lift and carry and shelve books?  The surgeon is supposed to call me on Monday, so I will talk to her then about this.

I am making stuffed shells for dinner so I had better get to it.  I have never done this before, so let's see how it turns out.

16 days to surgery

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.